Listen to the 1-hour podcast
Manuel Küblböc works for Gini, a Munich based 7-year old company focused on making the lives of all of us a little easier, by means of automating processes in our private lives which can be automated, mainly using the power of AI.
Manuel has a background in IT and the Agile Movement, and has been with Gini for the past 2,5 years. He was taken on board after the leadership team decided they wanted to change the way they were organised, focusing on self-organising principles. He has had the fortune to be able to focus 100% of his time on this job, taking the then 25 people strong organisation to their next level, a continuous work in progress.
He shares with us his stories on what happened in these 2.5 years. It becomes fairly clear that his personal interest in how people interact flows through in the focus within Gini on their organisational processes and culture.
Manuel is committed to creating businesses that are about more than a means of income for its employees and about more than profit for its shareholders. He promotes environments of meaning, community, and personal growth.
At Gini, he facilitates the co-creation of how the company operates as an eco-system of autonomous teams. His work life led him from software development, via team coaching to org design. He is also a coffee snob.
Some Remarkable Quotes
“Good conflict resolution helps people understand themselves better.”
“Thinking more about the systemic, the collective, instead of the individual is the similar mindset shift we need both in organisations as well as in society at large.”
“I don’t see personal growth as a consequence, but as a prerequisite.”
“If there is never a conflict, we are not doing anything interesting”
“Copy, paste and adapt our handbook. We made it so it can be copied. Try it, experiment with it. But organisational development is always a work in progress.”
People, Organisations And Methods Mentioned During The Interview
- Dragon Dreaming / Dream Circles: http://www.dragondreaming.org/
- Gini: https://gini.net/en/
- Gini Handbook: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B44XthBdMmN6bGlfdk8zejdSZUU/view
- Radical Candor: https://www.radicalcandor.com
- The #BetaCodex: https://betacodex.org/about/laws/
- Scrum: https://www.scrum.org
- Kanban: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanban
- Sociocracy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociocracy
- Non Violent Communication: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_Communication
- Otto Laske: http://www.interdevelopmentals.org/
Recommended Books By Manuel
- The Responsibility Process: Unlocking Your Natural Ability to Live and Lead with Power (Christopher Avery): https://www.christopheravery.com/responsibility-process. A book on how all people mentally process thoughts about avoiding or taking responsibility
- The Listening Society: A Metamodern Guide to Politics (Hanzi Freinacht): http://metamoderna.org/metamodernism?lang=en. A book which asks the question ‘what is the next major developmental stage of society after the liberal democracy with a balance between capitalism and welfare state?’
Some of his Tweets are on the original page.
Republished with permission.